Thursday, November 19, 2009

…Did I just say that???


Okay okay I have said in the past that I am not a runner and would never like it…but I am liking it a lot….What??? did I just say that??? (this is so not like me!!) Well I have made it to week 4 of my training for the 5K Wild Goose Chase in February, it has been great but also not…with the program I am using you workout 3 times a week I have been doing Thursday, Sunday, and Tuesday. The first and second day went well but after that my knees were killing me!!! It took everything I had to continue, by the end of week two I knew there was no way my knees could handle week 3’s workout so I did week 2 over again but my knees just got worse….we took a little trip to Laughlin to get away, we left on a Thursday (workout day)…let me tell you I was not happy by the time we got there, I could hardly walk it was a chore to lift my legs without excruciating pain in my knees they would lock up and shoot fire up my leg….grr so frustrated!!! After the weekend of fun it hit me like a ton of bricks…it’s my new shoes that are making my knees hurt!!! I skipped out on Sundays workout so Monday morning my knees did not hurt so I wore my running shoes to work and by the end of the day my knees were hurting but not as bad as they do when I run, I wore my shoes to work again the next day and my knees were a little sore but not to bad, I ran later that night and wow did they hurt but it was cold outside so I think that was more of the problem than the shoes. Today is Thursday and I have worn my running shoes to work all week and ta da no knee pain!!! YAY I can not tell you how happy I am, I ran this morning and no pain in my knee’s and as I sit here typing I am so happy that my knees are not hurting. I now know that when I get a new pair of running shoes I need to brake them in before I run in them…lesson learned the hard way!!!! I am lacking on motivation today so I thought maybe by bloging it would bring some to me…is it working??? Kinda….. Just a little sneak peek into my workout today… Warm up walk 5 min…Jog/run for 1min 30 sec…walk 1 min 30 sec…Jog/run for 3 min…Walk 3 min, repeat.

No comments: