Monday, November 23, 2009
Weekend for fun and Knowledge!!!
The weekend started with Fridays pour…we had just a little retaining wall to set up and pour it went well I only hit myself in the shin 3 or 4 times with the sledge hammer while tapping the wall for air pockets, then of course it was time to brake out the concrete blankets….ewww I shutter at this start of blanket season….as you know when it gets cold all the little critters huddle in to all the warm places to stay cozy for the winter months…so you got it…yup the blankets were full of centipedes, spiders of every kind little red ones, BIG red one, and so many Black Widows I almost threw up I was so not happy with having to haul these blankets over to the trailer and then unroll them and hoist them over the wall….YUCK-O but I did it and was so happy for it to be done and over with!!! Saturday Shayd and I jumped in the truck and made our way to Thanksgiving point for New Moon with my sister Garrin, and Jenna. We arrived at almost the same time, She greeted me with a big hug, a smile and a gift for Shayd and I…two cute hand made gifts one said I love you and the other Princess both were vinyl lettering set on glass with a cute frame surround. Brett and Abby went to Cabelas while we went to the movie, Brett is so very nice and I could tell from our first meeting that he is a great guy!! Jenna is so sweet; she was way excited for New Moon with her cute little expressions on her face as she explained to me that they left so much out of the first movie that it was so not like the book and how she was wishing this one would be better!!! Priceless!!! Little Abby is so cute, I love her little smile and I thought of myself as she clung onto her pillow in the truck, I just had to give her one more hug!!! We took a few pictures with Garrin’s camera shared more hugs and then It was time for us to go, It was sad to go but was so nice to be able to spend time with them cant wait until the next visit!!! Later that day we found out that Trav’s littlest brother Ryan asked his girlfriend Mckinze to marry him, they are very cute together and we wish them many years of happiness!!! Sunday it was a lazy morning of Coffee and Krispy Cream doughnuts until it was time for our trip out to Trav’s parents for lunch, we were able to walk over to cookie grandpa and grandmas house and what a pleasant visit, it was an okay day for Neree she still remembers Travis, Shayd and I but her Alzheimer’s is coming on fast, she is such a wonderful woman and I have loved her from the moment I met her!!! Conard just recently has started to talk about his Navy days and one of the coolest things that both Travis and I learned yesterday was that he was part of the Sea Rescue Team wow amazing with just a little view into his past was fascinating and I hope our next visit is full of stories in more detail I love this man he is full of smiles and is always joking with me about insurance!!! What a weekend for fun and knowledge!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment