It’s Tuesday and already it’s been a week for testing of patients and trials in my family, we started the week with a bang…me making an appointment to talk with Shayd’s Art teacher so that I may understand why she received a C in this class, and then learning why!!! My little girl has always done very well in school (not taking after her mother on this one!) her grades always fantastic, her points always honors. Grades to me do not need to be straight A’s to be GREAT it’s the fact of doing your best and trying your darndest to be a first rate person!!! Our suspicions started with parent teacher conference last week while looking over her grades with her homeroom teacher seeing lots of A’s and a couple B’s that C jumped off the page and struck me hard!! I looked to see what class and then gasped as I saw ART!!! WHAT she loves to draw and she’s not to shabby at it ether, so I asked her teacher why and she could not explain she just replied “ Shayd you will need to ask Mrs P. why you received this grade!” I pondered about this response and was not to pleased….. Shayd asked on Friday and told me that Mrs P. needs to go over her paperwork so that she could refresh her memory on why she gave her a C, This is when I stood up and said I am the parent and I need to investigate…..I received the phone call Monday before lunch from Mrs P. this is when she said “I left you a comment on why she received a C”
Me: I did not receive this comment! And I asked her teacher and she could not explain why also!
Mrs P. : Well maybe her teacher did not feel comfortable in discussing my Grading! But I did leave you a comment on line!
Me: This is a first for me and I do not check the online Grades, we did not do this until this year so I am not sure how to do this…she then explained how to check the grades.
Mrs P. Well Shayd cheated!! she paid someone a dollar to do her assignment!!!
Me: WHAT?????????? SHE DID? (I was floored, hurt, and so disappointed) I advised Mrs P. I am an open-minded person and I always want to hear about what Shayd is doing bad or good, I want to be a proactive parent and that if you don’t hear from me on something like this it means I didn’t know about it!!! Many things were discussed between Mrs P. and I, and then it was time to tell her father!!! Needless to say he was hurt!!! We decided we would discuss this after dinner, we gave her plenty of chances to fess up but she did not budge until Travis said “so Shayd what about a Dollar?” She threw her head in her hands and sobbed……I am So so sorry I know I should not have done what I did!!! We talked about why this hurt us and how horrible it made us feel and why cheating is never an option, why your work needs to be done by you, and always let your conscience be your guide!! Loads of tears later she was sent to her room to write in a letter why what she did was wrong, and to tell us sorry for what she did, she also wrote a letter of apology to Mrs P. after reading this I expressed my feelings further telling her that she needs to believe in herself and to put all her effort into being a good and honest person! I told her I loved her so much and this is why this hurt her mom and dad so much, that she is such a special person and with tears in both our eyes I gave her a big hug and kiss! After her hugs and kisses from her mother and father she was reminded that she will be grounded for a month from friends and more chores will be added to her list…all in all I think things got threw to her and I hope that she will reference this moment in the future to help her in her decision making!
1 comment:
Oh dear:( Hang in there. Hugs and loves!
Post a Comment