Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Hero!

Travis is in the Red, Shawn Maxfield in the yellow


He is the Captain of the Delta Fire Department. His pager volume turned to high, with his radio by his side, waiting for the moment when he is called out to assist. He is brave, not knowing what his next call will be, he is ready! My heart aches those late nights when he is called out. I lay awake, my senses sharp as I listen for his voice to come over the radio, reassurance to me that he is okay! He is strong; he is one of the few people that accept the challenge of every situation in a rescue. I love you more than words can show, Travis you are my Hero! This year has been a year so full of twists and turns, trials and reward, the accidents so many and so close to home. My heart goes out to those that have lost loved ones. I can not say thank you enough to the brave people that risk there own lives to save others! The next time you see one of these brave souls please thank them for their service, these people do so much for us!

4 comments:

Stanworth Family said...

JD says he thinks it is Shawn Maxfield and not Bryan. Bryan wears the special blue helmet :)

The Stanworths said...

OHHHH I was thinking it was bryan I will ask trav

The Stanworths said...

Corrected lol!!!

Jackie said...

http://jklott-jackie.blogspot.com/

Okay so here is my address. See if you can see it. I don't ever update it, but whatever :)