
Today has been a day that started with a rescue call for a car accident, Travis did his usual run threw the room gathering his clothing as he runs out the door he says I love you….I return his I love you with a be careful. I did what I always do, lie awake and listen to the scanner until I hear a 10-22 back to the station. But this call was a little on the odd side I hear so much Radio Traffic, thinking wow his pager is never this way I shrug it off and continue to listen…. I hear his 10-22 and I drift into sleep it felt like a second when I hear a bang on the door…extra odd he always takes his keys. I jump out of bed and rush to the door, his face sallow, expressionless, I wait for him to speak as the words poor out his mouth I feel sick….Josie Greathouse has been shot and she did not make it! What….what…no I still can not understand, he tells me she was doing a traffic stop and the man shot her!!! I am just sick all I can think about is how can someone do this? how can somone take a life...her kids... I am sick, heartbroken, and so confused. Today we lost a Friend, a Daughter, Sister, Mother, and Wife. Josie was a Fantastic person her personality great, she was so funny and could make you laugh until your stomach hurt; she loved to play softball, and loved her job. Josie you will be missed by so many, my thoughts and prayers go out her Family, we love you!!!
The Auto accident did not have anything to do with the Shooting of Josie, but I also would like to send my prayers to the Moody family I pray that your son’s injuries are minimal and that he will recover quickly.
We never say I love you enough; sometimes we leave with sharp words from our lips, but if we do and these are the last words spoken please forget them and remember the laughter, the funny things….take the memory of a smile and keep it locked in your heart! And always remember those three little words....I love you!
The Auto accident did not have anything to do with the Shooting of Josie, but I also would like to send my prayers to the Moody family I pray that your son’s injuries are minimal and that he will recover quickly.
We never say I love you enough; sometimes we leave with sharp words from our lips, but if we do and these are the last words spoken please forget them and remember the laughter, the funny things….take the memory of a smile and keep it locked in your heart! And always remember those three little words....I love you!
3 comments:
well spoken! last night i was too woken up by the much traffic coming across the scanners. i am always glad to hear 10-22 back to the station come across. our husbands our hero's and i am so grateful for them. Josie is such an amazing person! she will be missed in our community! my heart aches for her family and loved ones!
I am so terribly sorry for this news. I am in Denver tending grandchildren while my 14th grandchild was born. He was born today. A life is taken, another born. It is a sad day for all those involved and I feel a little guilty that I will be marking this day with a birthday and celebration as others are forever affected by the horrible circumstances that took place this day. Please know my prayers are with you who feel this loss
~a
So sickening that someone would do this! I am so sorry for the loss of Josie!
Post a Comment