Monday, June 14, 2010















Fire Convention in good ole St. George!!! I look forward to this every year and get excited when we can actually attend…in which we have not been able to for a couple years now. Trav has been a Fire Fighter for about 12 yrs now but did not get his papers in until 10 yrs ago..soooo he received his 10 yr certificate at convention this year, I love the feeling I get when I see my husband in his dress whites…Handsome little devil! The weather was great not to hot and not to cold. We had amazing speakers including Lavell Edwards!! What an amazing man, I loved his passion about a persons thinking overriding skill…what a way to think and it is soooo true! It is amazing to see all the people that put there life on the line to save others!!! The amount of money raised for the Burn Center was around $15,000 AMAZING!!! They also raised about as much for the Burn camp, along with blankets and sanitation kits that were put together by the Ladies auxiliaries. This was a Great get away to spend with Trav and our friends in the Fire Dept. wishing more could have came…they missed out on a uplifting experience!

Just an update on Trav….He has a large piece of Cartilage in his spinal canal taking up more than half the space, pushing nerves against them, our Trav will be having Back surgery, the Orthopedic Surgeon wanted to do this right away but because we are in a contract for some concrete work we had to beg him to put the surgery off until next month....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty sure I fell of the chair when I saw that picture of the feux bare butts!! Too much fun. Glad you guys had a good time kicking it here in St. George!! Congrats TRAV!!! & Good luck with Surgery.

Darla said...

hehe look at those butts.. congrats Travis.