Monday, September 13, 2010

Pay it forward….



As a Child I spent summers with my Grandparents on the Semi or at their home in West Valley….a day I really remember moment to moment so vivid its like it was just yesterday…. collecting some money from my Nana I jump on my bike and off I go to the 7-11 up the road for some milk, On my way home I struggled to keep a firm hold onto the heavy milk while keeping my bike under control. I ended up losing control almost wrecking my bike on the side of the busy road and losing my grip on the milk as it hit the ground and split, spilling the milk all over the side of the road panic overflows and I start to cry, my face in my hands I sob…as I stand holding my bike I know I wont be in trouble but I just cant get a hold onto my overflowing emotion of gilt….yes crying over spilt milk. A man stops and asked me if I was okay, I did not reply…as he said I understand I am a stranger and you should not talk to me, but please take this and go get you a new jug of milk, I shake my head no…. and he said please take it. I smiled at him and I took the money went back to 7-11 and walked my bike with the milk in my hand back to my Grandparents house….I did not tell my Nana what happened I think for a couple of years after that……

In that moment I promised myself I would do my best to give to others in need, I was able to help someone out this weekend. Lora, my Mom, step Brother Chris and his Friend Brian are my helpers, We helped Ester who was left in our little town find a ride to Moab, she spent the day with me,Trav, and Carrie while waiting for Brian (who loaded in Sparks NV heading to Moab) She was a very nice person who came into my home a stranger but left as a friend! She emailed me Sat and told me she was home and that Brian was an awesome conversation she also hopes to meet up with all of us again under better circumstances! Great weekend with Family, Old friends and new!!!!

2 comments:

Darla said...

I am so glad the "spilled milk" story ended the way it had, but the whole thought scares me to pieces. Glad you have a new friend. I love you bigger then the sky.

The Stanworths said...

and ya to think of it as an adult it is a scare you to pieces story...
Love you big big bigger then the sky!!!!