Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Just a vent it wednesday....

Sometimes I just want to shake a person….. For to many years… I hear… “Why don’t you give your daughter a sibling”…. Or a yah Shayds birth was hard and I understand why you didn’t want anymore children… and even the “ you only have one child and she is 12” and then the Look… the look is not a nice one, it makes me want to say “well yah and its not because we sleep in bunk beds or that we have not tried”. I have had it!!! so here is a little rant so that maybe it will help me to be a little less mad!!!! After only being married to Trav for 11 months I was given the News that I had the stage before stage 1 cervical cancer not even a week later they removed half my cervix and stated if I had waited 3 more month for my check up chances were beyond high that I would have had to have a hysterectomy at the age of 19 …. Good news is I have been cancer free. It took a little over 3 years for me to get pregnant with our gator and for the most part the pregnancy went well… we had a hard time with delivery when scare tissue from my surgery kept me from progressing, after Dr. Smith found the problem and removed the scare tissue, the gator was born in just a couple of pushes. She was born with torn ligaments that required painful rehab to straighten her neck and she cried almost non stop for her first 4 months…. We tried for a baby when she was 2 and got pregnant right away but lost it at a little after 3 months, we did not try for another for a couple of years but did not get on birth control so far we have not prevented at all in 10 years and nothing… this is our story and that is why our gator is an only child.. Not because we said she was “it” but because it just has not happened…..

2 comments:

Gina and Darrell said...

I feel for ya! Sometime people need to think things through before they talk! I don't get a lot of question about kids because I still look like i could be in high school. But when people find out that I have been married for just shy of 7 years and no kids, that is when the questions pop out. They have no idea how annoying or hurtful the question can get!

Finlinson's said...

I hear ya! You were blessed with a beautiful daughter and people need to mind there own business. People don't understand unless they go through it themselves. Keep smilin :)