Thursday, December 3, 2009

Destiny led me to you!!!!

New Years 1995

Dec 2, 1995

One year!!! Wow ya I chunked up!!!

Summer of 2006

Summer of 2007

July, 2009



I feel that destiny was on my side and it led me to the path to find my soul mate. I never really sat down and thought of all the times I had ran into him in my younger years until just recently. I remember the sledding trip with the Oasis ward, I was invited to go by my friend Andrea Stanworth, having the time of our lives, laughing at the crazy people and later drinking hot chocolate, I remember seeing Travis…. I drank my hot chocolate and never really thought of that day again. A couple of years later my friend Natalee and I were at the Res upon seeing a group of guys huddled by some trucks talking and pointing as we walked down the beach…and then, finding out after we were married that he was one of them. He wanted to talk to me then but didn’t have the guts to do so!! I laugh at that because if he would have approached me then, I think destiny would have so totally took a turn and maybe not for the best! Finally our roads turned into one and we ended up on the same path, I saw him at a party and asked a friend who he was and my reply was “ I want to date him!” Well that is when I learned he was not available and yup my response was pshhh I don’t care!!! Nothing came of that night I never talked to him and he left before I could…

But once more Destiny led me to his door, a rainy Friday night my friend Denise and I were dragging main and I saw him just sitting there in his truck across from Husky’s, I told my friend that I thought he was cute and she immediately took a B line for the parking lot. She knew him so that made things a little less awkward. As we tried to talk to him threw the pouring rain, he invited us into his truck and of course she shoved me in first, so that I would have to sit right by him. Then later made the excuse that she needed to go home right then and asked Travis if he could take me home… he took me home I kissed him on the check and made a mad dash for the house (yes I ran).

A couple of days went by, and he called to ask me on a date, we ate at the Gold Room and then it was off to the movies “In the Army Now”. After the move we went to Randy’s house to watch some Comedy movies…. Well after our first date he did not call me or talk to me for a month…., wow…I was crushed. I asked his sister Ronda why? Her response was he just got out of a relationship and did not want to get right back into one!!! I told her okay that’s fine but we can still be “just Friends” …. I moved on but destiny threw our paths together again, but this time it was for good! He asked me to go riding with him and some friends, I met him at Randy’s house. I sat on the other side of the truck because we were just friends and friends don’t sit next to each other especially when they are the only ones in the vehicle… Later that night he asked why I did not sit by him? I explained why, his reply was “what if I don’t want to be just your friend”? I sat by him on the way home and we have been together ever since that day!!! I love this man more than words can say! I am so happy that Destiny led me to you!
Happy 14th Anniversary Babe, I will love you tell my time ends!!!

3 comments:

sldziuk said...

I love your story! super super awesome and shade looks so much like you. (especially that first picture) So chunking up in the first year is ok. You got back to normal, so I'm seeing hope ha ha That was a fun blog to read :)

The Stanworths said...

It was fun to remember, last night we talked about all the time we made each other mad and just laughed!!! its fun to know that you can laugh about those things later in life...and yes the first year is always our fluffy year, and after that we fight year to year and hope to get back to the way we were before..this year its my running that is getting me back to were I would like to be :)

Annieofbluegables said...

That is such a sweet story. I love that you have a blog now! This is so fun to get to know you better. Thanks for sharing and Happy late Anniversary.
~a