Monday, November 1, 2010

Cookie Grandpa and Grandma Stanworth

Conard and Neree




Our Sunday tradition is lunch with Trav's parents, the last couple of months we would pack up lunch and walk over to Trav's Grandparents, it was so nice to spend this time with them....to walk in the door and see Neree her cute face and her surprised welcome what are you kids doing....we sit down at the dinner table and the first thing is always Conard: well now were has our little world traveler been this week? He would always ask Shayd this question because she is always off doing something somewhere...I will miss this beyond words, to hear his laugh, to see his smile and to hear his stories. We lost Conard (our Cookie Grandpa) on Friday he and Neree (our Cookie Grandma) were in a Car accident, Neree was rushed to the hospital here in town and then sent by Life Flight to IMC where she is now, it will be a very long recovery but she is doing better. We were able to see her yesterday....so sad to see her in the C Collar to stabilize her neck, the bruises on her legs and the cuts on her head and face almost brought me to tears, she has Alzheimer's but was having a good day and remembered us all. To hear her say: Shayd Grandma Loves you almost took down the wall holdiing back the tears and I almost lost control.... We love you Cookie Grandma and hope to have you home and well soon!!!!
Conard the moment I Married Travis you became my Grandfather, you are a very special person that holds a piece of my heart!!!! We will miss you so very much love you!!!!

3 comments:

Darla said...

I am so sorry for your loss, so happy you have many memories to hold tight too. love you to the moon and back

Unknown said...

I know this has been very hard for you all. I love you with all my heart and know that Conard was an amazing man. I didn't know him well but he was a man to remember. Know that you have a angel watching you and yours always with him. Love you to pieces I hope I can help with anything you may need.

The Stanworths said...

Thanks guys :) love you!!!!!